At West Rainton Primary School we are committed to equality. We aim for every pupil to fulfil their potential no matter what their needs are, and we pride ourselves on embracing the diverse needs our of pupils. Our school is committed to anti-discriminatory practice to promote equality of opportunity and valuing diversity for all children and families.
We aim to:
- Provide a secure and accessible environment in which all our children can flourish and in which all contributions are considered and valued.
- Include and value the contribution of all families to our understanding of equality and diversity.
- Provide positive non-stereotyping information about gender roles, diverse ethnic and cultural groups and disabled people.
- Improve our knowledge and understanding of issues of anti-discriminatory practice, promoting equality and valuing diversity.
- Make inclusion a thread that runs through all of the activities of the school.
- Ensure that decisions are informed by the insights of parents and those of young children themselves.
- Have high ambitions and set stretching targets for them.
- Track their individual progress towards these goals.
- Keep under review the additional or different provision that is made for them.
- Promote positive outcomes in the wider areas of personal and social development and
- Ensure that the approaches used are based on the best possible evidence and are having the required impact of progress.
If you would like to discuss your SEND requirements in detail please contact the school to arrange an appointment with Mrs Susan Firth.