Our amazing staff team is second to none at West Rainton Primary School; we are blessed with a hardworking, dedicated and enthusiastic staff team, who do their very best to ensure that the provision on offer is excellent. Our dedication during the Coronavirus pandemic in the UK, is testament to our commitment to the inclusive, fulfilling education on offer at WRPS, both in school, and in a home learning situation. We work tirelessly on a daily basis, to help your child achieve high standards of work and behaviour, as part of our happy school community.
As such a welcoming school, we have the pleasure of many superb volunteers, who are keen to help out in school. During most academic years, we proudly provide the opportunity for teaching students in school, and they love to come back and volunteer when they are finished their placements!
Staff information and images can be viewed below, along with information about our governing body.
- Mrs Alison McDonough – Head Teacher
- Mrs Susan Firth – Deputy Head Teacher
- Mrs Julia Struthers – Class Teacher
- Mr Adam McDonough – Class Teacher
- Miss Jennifer Kelly – Class Teacher
- Mrs Claire Maddox – Class Teacher
- Mrs Jennie McVicar – Class Teacher
- Mrs Sarah Newham – Class Teacher
- Miss Laura Charlton – Nursery Teacher
- Mrs Jill Bissell – Teaching Assistant
- Mrs Sallyann Lloyd – Teaching Assistant
- Mrs Carolyn Tempest – Teaching Assistant
- Miss Amy Cairns – Teaching Assistant
- Mrs Kirstin McGowan – School Business Manager
Our other stars
Mr Steve Napper – caretaker
Mrs Judith Willis – school cook and cleaner
Mrs Charlene Morrow – school cook
Miss Nicola Vayro – cleaner and lunchtime supervisor
Miss Kaye Farrar – lunchtime supervisor, and leader of our breakfast and tea club
Miss Libby Appleby – cleaner lunchtime supervisor