We thank all of our loyal staff members for generously giving up their time to dedicate to the extra-curricular provision in our school. We are passionate about the development of well-rounded children through providing a broad range of quality experiences. Over 80% of our pupils access at least one club per term, most attending more than one. It is a real asset of ours, and it has a huge impact on overall development.
After School Clubs
We were delighted in April 2021 to bring back some of our after-school clubs. SAFC sports, forest school, netball, athletics, dance and construction have all returned as well as our very popular homework club. It is fantastic to see children from reception to Year 6 being able to enjoy the wider life of school again.
Even during the trials and tribulations of the pandemic, our school provided after school clubs for pupils in their own bubbles. We were able to run Y2 booster, Y6 booster, Y3 cookery, Y4 craft, Y5/6 drama club for the ‘Shakespeare for Schools’ project, and a number of year groups accessed SAFC sports coaching on a Tuesday.
* We are continuing to keep up to date with national restrictions and risk assessment guidance to ensure our children get the best offer we can give whilst also keeping everyone safe.
Our current after school club provision includes:
- SAFC with Steve, our dedicated sports coach
- Construction club ran by Mrs Newham
- Athletics and fitness club ran by our PE lead, Mr McDonough
- Homework club ran by many of our members of staff
- Forest school in our own nature area with Miss Charlton
- Netball club with Mrs Firth
- Dance club with Mrs McDonough
Usually, our club format looks something like this…
|Monday||Youth Club||Durham Area Youth|
|Tuesday||SAFC Multisports club||Steve Jackson (SAFC coach)|
|Tuesday||Y6 Booster||Mr McDonough|
|Wednesday||Y2 Booster||Mrs Newham|
|Thursday||Homework||Teaching staff (mixed)|
|Friday||Dance and performance||Mrs McDonough|
Lunch Time Clubs
These clubs run during the Spring/Summer term only.
|Wednesday||Knitting||Mrs Brown, Mrs Brann and Mrs Oates|